Monday, September 15, 2008

Classic

Friday night we took the girls for their first trip to Rumbi (yum!) and they thought it was super cool that they had chopsticks. I thought it was kind of silly since 2 of the 3 ordered cheeseburgers, but as kids do, they found a way to use them.....

isn't Kaycee's face funny?!?!? Marlee's turn - she chose to use them on the fries rather than the burger

And here's my idea of "carb-loading" the night before a 5k race

Saturday morning was kind of chilly, but once we got running, we totally forgot about the slight chill in the air. Here's me and Lucas and Susan Howell (friends and fellow runners from my ward)

And of course, my partners in running, Jen and James

We all ran a good race. I placed 17th of 70 in my age group with a time of 29:19. And 49th of 199 Overall in the women's 5k. My goal was to be under 30:00, so I guess I'm happy! :)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hooray! (I would make the BEST cheerleader ever? Don't you think?) Good Job on the RUn! And ps, I WANT RUMBI RIGHT NOW!

Harisay Happenings said...

You are better than me! I am impressed you run so much. Way to go...my goal time would be 2 hours!

TeamDall said...

nice job:) I wish I could have run too.

Oki Family said...

Actually I think that the girls were just practicing the chopsticks for there trip to Japan soon. Can't wait to see you.