Monday, October 20, 2008

Sending Love to Heaven

Yesterday would have been Grandma Dille's 79th birthday. Seeing as this was her first birthday since we lost her to cancer in April, Grandma Elsa wanted to do something special to honor her. Everyone gathered at the cemetery and Grandma Elsa provided white balloons for all of us to send our love and thoughts and birthday wishes to Grandma.
Kaycee wrote a very cute birthday message to our "little" Grandma Dille and Marlee went to town drawing a picture of "grandma who's in heaven".
Here's Bradee's balloon with a picture of her and Grandma holding hands. That is one thing Grandma was really good at....always getting a hold of your hand and squeezing ya so you knew how much she loved you. The other side of her balloon said "I miss you Grandma - Love, Bradee"
Here's me taking a minute to write down my thoughts. There is no way I could fit everything on one balloon. I am so proud of the person my Grandma was and the example and legacy she left behind. I am a better person because of her and I miss her terribly!
Then, we all gathered in an open spot and said a prayer of thanks for Grandma.
Next, we released our balloons and all stood silently watching them make their way up to the skies
I hope Grandma was watching and could feel the enormous amount of love being sent her way

We Love and Miss you Grandma!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is so neat! What a nice idea! I'm sure your grandma was smiling down from heaven!

TeamDall said...

That is so sweet:)

Hollie said...

I know right??!! thee soup is simply a crack up and i love it!! im super glad you enjoy the soup as i do..we are even better friends for that now...Andrea...this is a cute post..what a sweet idea!! ill have to copy you one day:)